Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easy's Tree

I have a beautiful Yoshino Cherry tree in my yard. I planted it last year after my dear cockatiel friend, Easy, took her next step. I got this tree at Gethsemane, a nursery in Chicago. It was the last tree I looked at, in the sale section and had a curve to its trunk (teeny, tiny, little trunk) and was all of $20. I knew that Easy wanted that tree as much as she had an eye for beauty, she also had an eye for a bargain. But when you buy a $20 tree that seems so small I just had to hope that it would survive the winter. 
Who knew what we were in for! It has been a long, hard winter.  At one point there was a 4-foot snowdrift up to the branches of this poor baby tree. There have been 60 MPH winds, soaking and seemingly endless rain. I would look out at the tree and ask if it was okay and she would tell me how happy she was. After it all spring has arrived and today, amazingly enough, Easy’s tree is in full bloom,six months to the day after Easy’s passing.

















She show me all the time that as hard as it may appear moving through challenges it can be easy. Sometimes you just have to wait for the snow to melt and wait for the rains to end. The sun in the sky is always shining down healing and loving and life-affirming light is always there. It can be obstructed by whatever we choose, but it is always there, giving and inspiring life.



It makes me so happy to know that there is a tree who was inspired by a little bird that can show me everyday what it is to be still and know. Thank you Easy and all of the nature that you inspire. You are my love.




No comments:

Post a Comment