Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

My Funny Valentine


I just adopted a tortoise.  His name is Valentine.  I had been keeping my eye out for a turtle and soon realized its hard to find a hibernating creature in the middle of hibernating season! 

Soon after, my little guinea pig Agape had a “hay poke” in his eye.  It actually turned out to be a ¾ “ piece of hay stuck in there.  It took close to a week for it to work its way out.  I think it took a tour of his brain! Well, that required a vet visit and as it was not as stressful a visit as Fermi’s was just days before I had the clear thinking to mention that I was looking for a turtle.  The receptionist looked at me strangely and I told I thought that people might turn in turtles to them on occasion.  She laughed and said they had just gotten one in today! Mere hours before!  He was a Greek Tortoise and was very sweet.  She brought him out for me to see and we ooh’d and ahh’d.  I said put me on the list for that guy!!  He stayed at the vet for about 2 weeks to make sure he was healthy and on 2/8/11 he came home with me.

What is remarkable about this story is that Red Door Shelter turned Valentine into the vet.  That is where I adopted Hazel from and Agape introduced us at an open house!  AND for the week before I met Valentine Hazel was nowhere to be seen.  Spending her evenings somewhere else.  I had even mentioned to someone that I thought she was working on the turtle thing!

These are the moments that it is so much fun to communicate with animals and see how they communicate with us.  Who ever are meant to be with you will find you no matter where they have to go do it.  I guess that is the lesson of all love.  Happy Valentine’s Day!! Squeeze your loves!!







(original post 2/14/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment