Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring is for planting

Today I dug my very first hole.  I learned a lot of things.  I learned that dirt is heavy. Holes have a lot of dirt in them.  Shovels are awkward. Do not throw your dirt too close to the hole as it will spill back in your hole as your pile of dirt grows. Gloves are extremely helpful.


I am planting a row a hedges in my new yard.  You know, the one with the shed. I am going slowly as I have all summer to plant.  But the excitement of spring and the thrill of having new greenery is infectious!


This is what is left to plant.


And this is where I am now.  It looks a little lonely.



Update: what a difference a few hours makes!
                   By 3:30 they were all planted!

So much for leaving the shrubs for a summer project!  Within a short time I had 3 planted then a good friend came over and expressed an interest in digging a hole and ta-da there were seven hedges planted!  It seemed that they had a pact.  We were all bought together and we will all be planted together.  Each one has it’s own personality and were very clear on where they wanted to be planted.  So, welcome my new yard shrub family.  I think we will be very happy together.  May we all live long and prosper!  :)


What will I dig next!

 




(original post 4/13/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment