Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm nuts, Your nuts, We're all nuts for Soap Nuts!

What a great slogan! I am now nuts for Yoreganics Soap Nuts !


I have washed 3 loads of laundry with them and they are fabulous! Thank you Kim for showing me what these little guys are and how they work. Soap Nuts are the dried fruit of the Chinese Soapberry tree (Sapindus 
mukorrosi), similar to the lychee. A long time ago, people in 
South East Asia figured out that when the nuts get wet, they release 
saponin, a natural cleaner, making them great for washing clothes!

I think that my clothes were cleaner and softer than with regular detergent. And the pig fleece does not stink! (my guinea pigs live on fleece instead of litter. It wicks away any moisture and dries super fast. Easy to clean up, too. Just shake and wash!).

That was my main worry. I usually wash it with a cup of vinegar to get any smell out. No need with Yoreganics Soap Nuts! Also, soap nuts don't leave a residue build up so the fleece is more absorbant.
Fermi’s favorite bed was washed with the Yoreganics Soap Nuts and usually he takes a day or two to reacquaint himself with his clean bed but today he hopped right in! Probably no fragrance needed to be aired out.

(Fermi and his favorite bed)

(Agape wante dto get in on the action, too)

So, if you find yourself looking for an organic alternative to laundry detergent or have very sensitive skin give them a try! They are reusable up to 5 loads of laundry, too! Feel free to ask any questions or check out the Yoreganics website.



HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment